SERENA SAFARI LODGE - LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK, TANZANIA
Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge:
Standing high on the bluff of a dramatic ochre and
terracotta streaked cliff above the flamingo-frosted expanse of Lake
Manyara’s gleaming alkaline waters, the Lodge commands panoramic views
across the volcano-studded floor of the Great Rift Valley.
Designed to reflect the brilliance of Lake Manyara’s unique birdlife,
the Lodge draws on an inspirational architectural motif that melds
swooping avian curves with the gentle concentric patterns of traditional
Maasai ‘Bomas’ (encampments) whilst the vibrantly coloured frescoes
lining the walls are designed to depict the colourful intricacy of bird
The ambiance of the Lodge is a fusion of lakeside tranquillity, towering
volcanic splendour and adventure-packed sporting activity.
Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
The circular, closely-thatched rooms echo the traditional Maasai 'Boma'
style of construction whilst featuring a vibrant interior design concept
that reflects the Maasai people's abiding love of brilliant
scarlet-and-indigo checked 'Shukas' (cloaks) and bright yellow, white,
blue and orange beadwork. Each room has a private veranda and
breathtaking views of the shimmering reaches of the flamingo-frosted
Serena Safari Lodge
Perched high above the Lake with endless views over the floor of the
Great Rift Valley, the circular dining room and bright murals of the
open-air bar area feature fabulous avian-inspired frescoes, colourful
Maasai artefacts and a unique domed basketwork ceiling hung with carved
gourds and nest-shaped lanterns.
Serena Safari Lodge Pool bar:
- Easily the most dramatic of all the swimming
pools in the Serena Group’s stable, the Lake Manyara Pool, which
has received significant architectural acclaim, lies below the
lodge, on the very edge of the escarpment with mesmeric views
across the still waters of the lake and the age-old majesty of the
Great Rift Valley.
Serena Lodge Location:
National Park, Tanzania
Rooms Available at
Lake Manyara Lodge:
Maximum Occupancy: 4
Single Occupancy: Yes
Age Restriction: None
Serena Safari Lodge
- The ‘Serena Active’ selection of high-action adventure
- An imaginative range of lake breakfasts, barbecue lunches,
bush dinners and atmospheric sundowners.
- Luxury game-drives around the wildlife-teeming shores of
- Full housekeeping services (laundry, valet, babysitting on
request, children’s menus and dining, and shoeshine) plus telephones
in each room, and centralised safe boxes.
- Internet connectivity. A wide range of board games plus a
full library of books on Africa.
- Full medical back-up and emergency evacuation facilities.
- Express check in and out and 24-hour Forex facilities.
- A vibrant selection of traditional music, culture and dance.
- Beauty treatments and massage services.
- Extensively stocked Africana Gift Shop.